ETHOS, INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
ETHOS, INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
Ethos and Code of Conduct
I aim to always conduct myself to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
I treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
I make agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and that respect all parties in such agreements.
I represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud
I make no un-realistic claims or implications of the services provided.
I obtain permission from any client or potential client before using their names on any public work.
I respect the absolute rights of my clients’ confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
I happily recommend different practitioners or resources when these will be more appropriate to the clients’ needs.
I do not work with minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
I comply with all laws and bye-laws of the UK
I am fully insured to provide the services I provide and complete CPD regularly to continue my own development and skills.
Inclusion and diversity
There are so many small business owners who think that writing statements about inclusion and diversity don't apply to them, to be clear, I'm not one of those people.
Maybe it's being the mum of neurodiverse and gender diverse children. Or maybe its because I recognise that change happens one person at a time - In our thinking, our self-awareness and our actions.
Whatever the reason, small businesses being committed to saying what they represent is essential and so here is mine.
I work hard to ensure my work is accessible to as many people as possible. I am well aware that equality, equity and inclusion is not something we have achieved yet in the world and those people most affected by pay gaps and less access to services are known to be people from the disabled community, Non-white ethnicities such as Black people, People of colour, refugees and Immigrants along with those people with diverse genders or sexualities and the Neurodiverse community,
We are each unique and celebrating our differences is where the magic is at. I have always been and continue to be committed to celebrating, supporting and empowering you, in whatever package that expression comes in.
Specifically, I want to make clear that I work with people who align with a more feminine energy. This includes anyone who identifies as female, anyone who is non-binary, gender fluid, queer, prefers feminine spaces regardless of gender and trans women- trans women, are women.
I work with people of all sexualities.
I work hard to ensure my community and my work are safe spaces for you to be yourself, however, that looks for you.
I work with people from all sorts of cultures, ethnicities, races, religions and backgrounds and work diligently on my own inherent and unconscious bias, my white privilege and my anti-racism work to continue creating learning and support spaces that work for everyone. I am not afraid of getting it wrong and welcome being calling in and out so that I may know better and do better.
I work with the neurodiverse community and the disabled community. I work continuously to educate myself on ways to make my work accessible and to ensure its understandable in lots of different formats as I appreciate we all learn differently. Different, not less.
I work with people of all shapes and sizes. I recognise the privileges awarded to me for my slim cishet white body and use my voice to share in the celebration of all bodies and the normalisation of all bodies being worthy of respect, and love. You are worthy. Full stop.
extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Nici is the "data controller". This means that Nici determines the purposes for which and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you; and
data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Nici will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example: when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means; when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services; when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise; when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example: we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content. We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies see www.aboutcookies.org.uk
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons: internal record keeping;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are
not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights"
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the
performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons: third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help
third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure you are able to book your
appointments smoothly; third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example: access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
we store your Data on secure servers. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: Hello@nicigorman.com.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and
devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get
Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we
modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
(where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address:
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able
to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's
Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Nici to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept
Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance
provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising
under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Dare To Be by email at .
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use.
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
8. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
9. Whilst Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
10. Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
11. Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
12. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
13. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
14. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
15. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
16. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
17. These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
18. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
19. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
20. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
21. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be details
22. Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be of 76, Waterhouse Lane, Hampshire, SO15 8QE operates the Website .
You can contact Nici Gorman trading as Dare To Be by email on .